Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Huaiyang(Jiangsu) Cuisine

Huaiyang cuisine or we call it jiangsu cuisine, is very popular in the lower reach of the yangtze River, freshness of the materials is the most recognizable as Huaiyang cuisine.Its carving techniques are delicate, of which the melon carving technique is especially well known. Cooking techniques consist of stewing, braising, roasting, simmering, etc. I born in Jiangsu, and lived there for more than 10 years, but I can still remember every single delicious food that I had. For breakfast, “Shao Mai” is the most remarkable breakfast thing in my life. it has a ultra thin warp clear white looking, and wrapped sticky rice with soy sauce flavor, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and salted pork or any kind of meat. I never felt boring when I had it as a daily breakfast.

Since the seasons vary in climate considerably in Jiangsu, the cuisine also varies throughout the year. If the flavor is strong, it isn't too heavy; if light, not too bland. The photo is showing another my favorite food called Egg-Jiaozi, different from traditional Jiaozi, the outside warp is made by egg. It not only enrich the tender of the taste, but also giving the fantastic jiaozi an additional flavor.

There is a last but not least thing that I really want mentioned is that Smelly Fried Tofu, it is a very popular food in China, and it has many different versions of it based on locations. However, Jiangsu’s is the least bad smell one. I know most of American people wouldn't like Durian, or maybe never even heard of it. Durian smells terrible, honestly I hate it, and Smelly Fried Tofu works same way, they smell bad, but taste great. soaked into special sauce plus green onion and Chinese parsley makes it the most unforgettable dish in Jiangsu cuisine.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post! Interesting.. I always thought of stinky tofu as a Taiwanese dish. It's actually not? :) I see this is a new blog. Keep it up! :) Mine is bingetherapy.com

    ReplyDelete